Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples
Take a half-day private tour with a qualified Egyptologist guide exploring the East Bank of Luxor. You'll see two of the most impressive temples in Upper Egypt - Karnak and Luxor, while learning about ancient Egyptian history from your own personal guide.
· Private half-day trip to Karnak and Luxor Temples
· Walk along the Avenue of Sphinx at Karnak
· See the legacy of many pharaohs through the complex of Karnak
· Explore Luxor Temple, a true Egyptian temple
· Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
Browse the gallery of recent Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples photos submitted by actual, honest-to-goodness travelers on pharos of egypt.
Start your day with a visit to the Temples of Karnak. Walk along the Avenue of Sphinx to enter the complex as your guide explains how the massive facade was constructed. On entering the Temples of Karnak you will see each legacy left by the various pharaohs as the complex grew even larger. The deeper you go into the complex, the further back in time you will travel, with the oldest ruins dating back over 3,000 years.
Walking through the Great Court into the Great Hypostyle Hall, it's hard not to be overwhelmed by the 134 columns towering above you like an ancient forest. At the rear of the complex you will find the sacred lake where centuries ago pharaohs and their offerings to the gods were purified. After a tour of the complex, you will have additional free time to explore at leisure.
Continue to Luxor Temple which was once joined to the Temples of Karnak by a two-kilometer long Avenue of Sphinx, a portion of which marks the entrance to the temple. Dominated by statues of the great warrior pharaoh Ramses II, Luxor Temple has survived Nile floods, foreign invasion and thousands of years exposed to the elements.
A pure Egyptian temple, the inner walls and columns are decorated with intricate hieroglyphics which your guide will help you decipher. Find out how Alexander the Great wrote himself into Luxor Temple's history, and see one of the original pair of obelisk, the second of which now stands on the Place de la Concorde in Paris.
Centrally located Luxor hotels or Luxor Port
· 1:00pm (earlier departures are available if required, please advise at time of booking)
· Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pick up time.
Returns to original departure point
3 hours (approx.)
· Qualified Egyptologist guide
· Entrance fees
· Transport by air-conditioned minivan
· Hotel pickup and drop off
· Gratuities (recommended)
· Food and drinks, unless specified