Private Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Sakkara
Step back in time to the days of ancient Egypt on a private tour of the Great Pyramids of Giza and Sphinx, the necropolis of Sakkara and the former capital, Memphis. With your own private Egyptologist guide to lead the way on this private tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each of the sites you'll visit.
* Private day trip to the Great Pyramids and Sphinx, Sakkara and Memphis from Cairo
* Guided introduction to each of the three Great Pyramids
* Visit the enigmatic Sphinx
* Egypt's oldest pyramid at Sakkar
* Memphis, ancient capital of Egypt
* Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
The Giza Plateau is only around 30 minutes from Cairo, where your qualified Egyptologist guide will provide a fascinating introduction to each of the three pyramids: Cheops, Khafre and Menakaure. You will have free time to enter one of the pyramids (additional cost), though your guide is not permitted to enter with you, or take a camel ride (additional cost).
After visiting the pyramids, you'll continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background. A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. Also in Giza you may visit the Solar Boat Museum (optional), home to the remarkably well preserved funerary boat of Khufu.
Your next stop is Sakkara, home of Egypt's oldest pyramid, built in 2650 B.C. Your guide will provide a brief history of the famous Step Pyramid and you'll have free time to walk around.
Your final stop is Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt. Here you will see artifacts from many of the great rulers of Egypt, including the fallen statue of Ramses II. You will also have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how the famous artwork is made.
Returns to original departure point
* Qualified Egyptologist guide
* Entrance to Giza
* Entrance to Sakkara
* Lunch (if option selected)
* Hotel pickup and drop off
* Transport by air-conditioned minivan
* Entrance to the Solar Boat Museum (if option selected)
· Gratuities (recommended)
· Food and drinks, unless specified
· Entrance to inside of the Pyramids