Private Tour: Abu Simbel by Minibus from Aswan
See the magnificent temples of Abu Simbel on a minibus tour from Aswan. With a qualified Egyptologist as your guide, you'll enjoy a personalized visit to Abu Simbel on this private tour. With its four rock-hewn pharaohs, you'll agree that the Great Temple is one of the most impressive sites in Egypt, and the highlight of any trip to Egypt.
· Private minibus tour from Aswan to Abu Simbel
· Visit Abu Simbel's Great Temple of Ramses II and smaller Temple of Hathor, Egypt's
· most-visited sites after the Great Pyramids
· Free time to tour inside both temples
· Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
· Pick-up and drop-off from Aswan hotels and port
Browse the gallery of recent Private Tour: Abu Simbel by Minibus from Aswan photos submitted by actual, honest-to-goodness travelers on pharos of egypt.
On the short walk to the temple entrances, your guide will explain the history of the site, including details of the UNESCO-led relocation of the entire cliff face to higher ground, and how the temples were discovered by accident in 1813. Due to the large number of visitors to Abu Simbel, guides are not permitted inside either the Great Temple of Ramses II or the smaller Temple of Hathor. However, by using photos and illustrations, your guide will explain to you the structures and their interior artworks. You will then have free time to enter the temples and explore them at your leisure.
As one of the few ancient Egyptian sites which largely escaped damage by past invaders, the interiors of Abu Simbel's temples are astounding. The scale of the buildings and their detailed decoration leaves most visitors in awe. The temples' attraction is further enhanced by their scenic location on the edge of Lake Nasser in the orange sands of the desert.
After visiting the temples there may be time for a short visit to the small visitor's center which documents the UNESCO relocation project, before returning to the minibus for the drive back to Aswan. The drive is approximately three hours each way
Aswan hotels or Port area
Departure Time :
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pick up time.
8 hours (approx.)
· Qualified Egyptologist guide
· Entrance fees
· Transport by air-conditioned minivan
· Hotel/port pickup and drop off
· Gratuities (recommended)
· Food and drinks, unless specified